Supporting You

Professional Development

People collaborating together

If you’re planning to apply for one of our Professional Development courses, there may be opportunities for you to receive help with the costs of your studies.

You can find out more information on the drop down menu below or by contacting our enquiries team at

Fund your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, available to learners aged 19 or above.

You can use the loan to fund level 3 and level 4 courses including certificates, diplomas and access to HE courses.

You will begin to repay when you finish your course and you earn more than £26,575.

For more information visit

There are a range of courses at UCEN Manchester where you won’t have to pay tuition fees if you claim one of the following:

  • Job Seekers’ Allowance (JSA) including credits only (JSA)
  • Employment Support Allowance (ESA) (Work Activity Group)
  • Universal Credit (Unemployed)

If you’re unemployed and claiming one of the following benefits, you may also get tuition fee support, depending on the type of course you wish to study:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Full Council Tax Support
  • Universal Credit

Our Careers and Welfare team will be able to advise you on your circumstances and explain what help and support is available.

You can email us here or call us on 03333 222 444.

Got a Question?

Our teams are here to help, whatever your query.