Open Eye Gallery
As one of the leading photography spaces in Europe, Open Eye Gallery presents an international programme of contemporary photography exhibitions in the UK and globally.
Our unique partnership with Open Eye Gallery was launched in January 2020 for our students on the FdA Contemporary Photographic Practices course.
Backed by the Arts Council England, this partnership enables our students to engage with professionals from the sector, including photographers, publishers, curators and creative producers.
Our students also benefit from:
- personal tutorship from the Head Curator
- exclusive work placements
- the gallery's socially engaged photography residencies
- a final BA show curated by the Open Eye Gallery Head Curator
- exhibition opportunities within the gallery
- wider Open Eye Gallery partner organisations such as Shutter Hub, Redeye, Axis Web and the Socially Engaged Network
- post-course support and networks.
Open Eye Gallery is an independent not-for-profit photography gallery based in Liverpool and is one of the leading photography spaces in the UK. The gallery also supports established and emerging artists, developing practical, critical and professional skills among photography practitioners.
Sarah Fisher, Executive Director at Open Eye Gallery, said:
A UCEN Manchester and Open Eye Gallery partnership has the collective knowledge to support the next generation of photographers to have real impact in the world.