Study with us
How Does Clearing Work?
All you’ve ever wanted to know about clearing
If you’re confused by clearing, need help starting your higher education journey or want to rule on results day, we’re here to answer all your questions.
How does clearing work? I don’t know much about it – help!
If you’re looking to join us in September but have changed your mind about your chosen course or feel you haven’t got the results you need, you can still secure your place through clearing.
Clearing is how universities fill any places they still have on their courses and you can go through it if:
You have a UCAS undergraduate application with no offers
- Your exam results have been published
- You apply within the clearing dates for 2020 entry.
- This year, clearing opens on Monday 6 July 2020 so read our handy step-by-step guide so you know what to expect.
Can I use clearing to study ay UCEN Manchester?
Yes you can! We have over 1,500 current undergraduate students and more than 10,000 alumni – you’ll be in good company.
The clearing process is really straightforward. Simply figure out what course you would be interested in doing and call our dedicated clearing hotline 0161 674 7777 to discuss it further with someone from our team.
There are lots of different dates to remember – when do I need to apply by?
Here at UCEN Manchester, we’ve put together a handy list of key dates and timelines so you know what to expect and when.
Some important dates to remember are:
- Monday 6 July 2020 - Clearing 2020 opens
- Monday 13 July 2020 - We have until today to make you an offer (if you applied by the 30 June)
- Thursday 13 August 2020 - A Level results are published.
I’ve heard about Clearing Plus – what is it?
Clearing Plus is a new service for students run by UCAS which matches you to relevant courses with vacancies. It has been designed to ensure you get to see the most appropriate course options for you via your online account.
Clearing will also still be available in the traditional way so check out our handy guides to learn more about what to expect.
Remember that you can always visit our website to explore our wide range of qualifications.
How can I get ready for clearing?
From researching your chosen subject area and listing possible courses, to staying positive and remaining calm, we’ve put together some Top Tips to guide you through clearing.
However you choose to prepare, we’re happy to provide you with more information about what is on offer at UCEN Manchester to make sure we are the right fit for you.
What can I do to make results day go smoothly?
There are lots of things you can do to make sure you secure your dream course on results day including:
- reading our handy guides to know what to expect before the big day
- being clear about the course you want but having a few alternatives as well
- having any details to hand that you’ll need, such as phone numbers, exam results and your UCAS ID
- keeping calm when the phone lines open
- speaking to one of our friendly clearing team on 0161 674 7777 who’ll be able to talk you through your options.