Creative and Media Arts Facilities
In September 2022 we opened our brand new City Campus Manchester, located just a 2-minute walk from Manchester Victoria Station. Here you will find specialist facilities dedicated to your course that will vary depending on your chosen area of study.
(including graphic design, animation for gaming, visual effects etc)
- 3D Games Development studio
- a reprographics room with oversized printer, laser printers and vinyl cutters
- a screen print room and a wet room as well as a number of Mac suites.
Make-up Artistry and Special Effects
- SFX and spray booth with fibreglass and encapsulation rooms
- A dispensary
- Aesthetics training room with treatment and laser rooms
- Fully equipped media hair and make-up suites/salons
- A dedicated photography room
- Classrooms and mac suites
You will benefit from specialist studios dedicated to different disciplines including:
- Jewellery studio with 2 brazen hearths, fume cupboard, laser cutter, polisher and plastics room
- Ceramics studio with potters wheel, cold store and 2 kilns
- Textile print studio
- Printmaking studio with hot plate, screenprint tables, and storeroom with exposure unit and drying cabinet
- Garment construction studio with sewing machines, eyelet and fusing presses
- 3D workshop with various saws and cutting machinery
- Fashion and pattern cutting workshop
- A photography studio with a central dark room
You will also work in a 234m squared open plan studio with Mac areas and a double-height space for displaying work, providing an open well-lit space that is ideal for stimulating creativity.
These amazing new facilities will provide you with access to everything you will see once you enter the workforce, giving you the best possible chance to prepare for a future career.
Find out more about our new facilities and our £140m investment in your future here.