How to apply through clearing
If you’re looking to join us in September but have changed your mind about your chosen course or feel you haven’t got the results you need, you can still secure your place through clearing.
Clearing is how universities fill any places they still have on their courses.
You can go through clearing if:
- You have a UCAS undergraduate application with no offers
- Your exam results have been published
- You apply within the clearing dates for 2020 entry.
This year, clearing opens on Monday 6 July 2020 so here is our handy step by step guide so you know what to expect.
1. Firstly, find your perfect course from our wide range of qualifications covering subject areas including:
- The Arden School of Theatre and Performing Arts
- Business and management
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Creative Arts and Digital Media
- Criminology and Social Justice
- Health and Care Professions
- Make-Up Artistry and Special effects
- The Manchester Film School
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Teacher Education
- Access to Higher Education
2. You’ll then need to register with UCAS to get your unique clearing number. If you haven’t already done this, find your chosen course on our website and click ‘apply now’. This will take you through to UCAS where you can register for an account or login if you already have one.
3. If you’ve not made any applications and aren’t planning to apply to any other university you can contact us directly and we’ll support you in filling out a direct application instead.
4. Once you have your personal ID, call our dedicated clearing hotline 0161 674 7777 and speak to one of our friendly team. Be sure to have details of any qualifications you’ve gained or are currently studying for, such as GCSEs, A Levels and BTECs, and the reasons why you want to study on that particular course. (For Access to Higher Education, Professional, Teacher Education and Construction courses call 03333 222 444 instead).
5. You can apply through clearing any time after the 6 July, however, we won’t be able to confirm your place until you have your exam results. For most A Level and most new BTEC courses, results day is 13 August 2020.
6. On results day, you’ll be able to check UCAS Track to see if you have a confirmed place from us. If we’ve made you an offer, congratulations! Remember to accept it and update Track by clicking on ‘Add a clearing choice’. Don’t worry if we haven’t made you an offer, you can still call our clearing hotline 0161 674 7777 to discuss your options, including an Access to HE course.
7. We might ask you to make time for an interview or audition if we can’t do it over the phone, but we’ll give you all the information you need for this so that you’re ready.
8. We’ll then send you a confirmation email including any further conditions of your offer and details on how to enrol. Congratulations, you’re good to go! We can’t wait to welcome you to UCEN Manchester in September.
Things to remember
- Talk to your careers advisers at your school or college to discuss your options
- Find out which courses have vacancies
- Find your personal clearing number, which will be displayed in Track
- Keep our dedicated clearing hotline 0161 674 7777 to hand
- Be prepared, keep calm, you’ve got this!