Health, Social Sciences and Sport Facilities
In September 2021 our redeveloped Openshaw campus will open its doors to brand new, state-of-the-art facilities that have been developed specifically for your chosen specialism. These include:
- A fully equipped sports centre that will enable you to improve your performance
- A 30 station gym and a strength and conditioning room
- An aerobic and dance studio
- A six court multi-discipline sports hall with a viewing gallery
- A media suite with match-analysis capability/ live video link to the sports hall
- Dedicated classrooms and two IT rooms
- From Spring 2022 a full-sized, floodlit 3G full multi-sport pitch with home and away team changing rooms with direct access to the pitch and a seated spectator space
Health and Care
- Mock hospital ward complete with industry-standard: hospital beds; screens; PPE; blood pressure monitors, nursing station, hoist and more
- Infectious disease area to facilitate barrier nursing
- Care suite with assistive and adaptable fixed equipment
- a fully equipped nursery including outdoor play
- fully equipped baby room and sensory room
These amazing new facilities will provide you with access to everything you will see once you enter the workforce, giving you the best possible chance to prepare for a future career.
You can see what campus you’ll be based at when you apply on our course pages. Search courses now.
Find out more about our new facilities and our £140m investment in your future here.