Study with us

If you’re applying for a part-time Honours Degree, Foundation Degree (including those with a preparatory year), Higher National Certificate or Diploma you’ll need to apply directly to UCEN Manchester. You can search for a course here.

You’ll need to register on and fill in the application form here. We’ll receive your application and contact you to either make an offer, or invite you to interview.

Nothing – it’s free to apply for a part-time course.

This year, to ensure everyone has the opportunity to pursue their ambitions, we have waived our audition fee for our BA (Hons) Degree programmes in Performing Arts including:

Acting for Live and Recorded Media; Dance and Performance; Musical Theatre, and Theatre and Performance.


UCEN Manchester welcomes all applications, including from those who are returning to education after a time away.

Ideally, you need to apply as soon as possible, which will give you time to prepare for your studies and organise your tuition fees.

However, you need to submit your application at the very latest two weeks before the course begins; in most cases, this is by the first week in September. 

We’ll make one of the following offers to you in writing;

Conditional offer

We’ll set out the academic conditions you’ll need to meet in order for you to be accepted on to the course. These will be in line with our published entry criteria.

Unconditional offer

If you already meet the entry requirements for the course and we have spaces, we’ll give you an unconditional offer.


This means that, unfortunately, your application was unsuccessful at this time.

You’ll need to reply to the offer given to you by returning the reply slip or emailing our HE Admissions Team with your decision:


You agree to accept the offer conditions (if applicable) and would like to join the course.


You can decline your offer if you don’t wish to accept the offer we’ve made you.

If you’re concerned that you don’t meet the advertised entry criteria for any of our courses, please contact our HE Admissions Team, who will be happy to help. 

We are no longer in a position to enrol any new International students due to our current home office status as a legacy sponsor. For further information about Tier 4 of the points-based system, please refer to the Tier 4 Guidance for Sponsors on the GOV.UK website. We apologise that we are currently unable to proceed with any new applications. If you require a list of alterative UK registered sponsors please visit the Tier 4 Register of Sponsors.

If you are from a British Overseas Territories and your passport states British Citizen you can apply in the normal way. 

You are a 'British overseas territories' national if you are a national of any of these territories:

  • Anguilla
  • Bermuda
  • British Antarctic Territory
  • British Indian Ocean Territory
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Falkland Islands 
  • Gibraltar 
  • Montserrat
  • Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena and Dependencies (Ascension Island and Tristan de Cunha)
  • Turks and Caicos Islands 

It appears something went wrong, have you disabled Javascript in your browser?

This can contain some backup content in case javascript didn't run.

Got a question?

Our teams are here to help, whatever your query.