Want to be the next SU President?
Graduating this year and want to become the next Students’ Union (SU) President? Please write a one-page manifesto and submit it by midnight Sunday 31 March to SU@ucenmcr.tmc.ac.uk.
Students will be asked to vote for their chosen candidate based on the received manifestos.
Please note, this is a full-time paid position and therefore unavailable to those still undergoing studies in September.
The SU President will:
- Be the prime representative of the SU and shall be responsible for the Union.
- Attend relevant College and UCEN Manchester committees and report back to the SU
- Normally lead delegations to conferences and meetings to external bodies
- Liaise with the National Union of Students (NUS) and their representatives
- Meet with the College management and Governors regularly and report back to the SU
- Encourage students to become involved in the activities of the SU
- Motivate and encourage Executive Committee members to work to the best of their ability, offering support and advice, where necessary
- Maintain all documentation relating to the Union, including the Constitution
- Compile and report on their activities for Union meetings and other appropriate meetings
- Lead on and with support from staff advisor/s bid writing and securing SU related bids
- Liaise closely with the Staff Advisor/s
- To work in partnership with the College and UCEN Manchester in the design of the Student Voice offer, including supporting surveys, award schemes and key student events.
What is a manifesto?
“A public declaration of policy and aims, especially one issued before an election by a political party or candidate.”
What should you include?
A manifesto should tell students about you, be approximately one page long, and include:
- Why you are running for the role?
- What are your views on issues affecting students and the National Union of Students (NUS)?
- What are you going to do with your year in office, if elected?
Remember, you are running to be the voice of all students at The Manchester College and UCEN Manchester at every one of our campuses.
If any potential candidates have any questions, please email SU@ucenmcr.tmc.ac.uk