Leaflet Code: L8535
This qualification will allow you to develop both management and technical skills required for the role of hair and beauty salon manager. There are five mandatory units in this qualification, including:
• Management of health, safety and security in the salon
• Quality Management of client care in the hair and beauty sector,
• Sales Management in the hair and beauty sector
• Public Relations in the hair and beauty sector
You will also further develop your knowledge, understanding and skills by undertaking two additional units:
- Research in the hair and beauty sector
- Human Resource Management.
Those students qualified to Level 3 Beauty Therapy can choose to take two alternative additional units which are:
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenati
Candidates must already have a Level 3 qualification in Hairdressing, Barbering, Nails or Beauty qualification or significant industry experience.
We also ask that applicants have level 2/GCSE grade 4 English or above. Level 2/GCSE grade 4 Maths or above is desirable
It is expected that you will be working in a relevant industry or actively seeking employment in the industry. This can include self-employed, mobile or Freelance work.
As part of this qualification, you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence, which confirms the knowledge, understanding and skills that you have learnt. It may be in electronic or paper format.
Evidence in the portfolio may take the following forms:
• Observed work
• Witness statements
• Audio-visual media
• Evidence of prior learning or attainment
• Written questions
• Oral questions
• Case studies
All the books required for the course are available from the library. However, many students choose to buy some of the core textbooks for the course. Students may also need to print their assignments and other documents.
• You may wish to purchase digital storage device up to 1TB at an approximate cost of £50
• Access to a computer/laptop is essential for home study. The college has onsite computers in the library.
• Students undertaking the Laser and Light units are required to purchase a uniform (details provided at enrolment).
You may need to pay tuition fees for this course, and there may be some additional equipment cost too.
If you need help with affording college, there are a number of different finance and funding options available to you. You might be eligible for special bursary support or extra help from the government. Have a look at our fees, finance & funding page to find out all the information you need.Learn more