Be clear on clearing
Clearing at UCEN Manchester will open on 6 July. But what is it and how does it work? If you need to get clued up on clearing, then we’ve got all the answers to your questions. We've got all the answers to your questions on clearing in our helpful guide.
What is clearing?
Clearing is how universities fill any places they still have on their courses. Clearing is a good option for you if you’ve decided to change course or didn't achieve the results needed for your firm and insurance choice on UCAS. You can also apply direct to clearing if you’ve not applied to any degree courses yet.
How does clearing work?
You can go through clearing if:
• You have a UCAS undergraduate application with no offers
• Your exam results have been published
• You apply within the clearing dates for 2020 entry.
The clearing process is really straightforward. Simply figure out what course you would be interested in doing and call our dedicated clearing hotline 0161 674 7777 to discuss it further with someone from our team.
You’ll be given instructions for next steps once you have confirmed your interest in the course. You can check out our How to Apply through Clearing guide to help you get a better idea of what happens.
Why go through clearing with UCEN Manchester?
We have over 1,500 current undergraduate students and more than 10,000 alumni – you’ll be in good company.
Our degree programmes are validated by one of three top universities:
• Manchester Metropolitan University
• Sheffield Hallam University
• University of Huddersfield
or a major examining board. Our well-established Higher Education provision is constantly reviewed and shaped by academics and industry experts, providing the best career opportunities possible.
What are the benefits of applying to UCEN Manchester?
• Our expert tutors retain their links to industry and are passionate about giving our students the latest knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their chosen careers.
• Our work-focused courses provide access to leading industries, world-class technical environments and like-minded learners.
• Our state-of-the-art campuses are based across Manchester within easy access to public transport.
• 95% of our students go onto work or further study within 6 months of graduating and we’ve been shortlisted in the Best Further Education College category of the national What Uni Student Choice Awards for three years running.
So what are you waiting for? You can apply now via our dedicated Clearing page.