Leaflet Code: CR29813FT
In the first year you will gain practical experience of the range of roles involved in Film Production & Content Creation.
In the second year you will choose a practical role and undertake a range of activities to develop your specialism including, practical projects, technical exercises, work experience and placements.
In the third year you will develop a level of expertise in your specialism that will ensure you are equipped to enter employment in the Film Production & Content Creation industry.
Throughout your three years at Manchester Film School you will be encouraged to develop your professional network through our long established mentor programme which will link you with practicing professionals working in the industry.
Placements and work experience are encouraged throughout the second and third year.
Students from Manchester Film School have won awards from the Royal Television Society, British Universities Film & Video Council, and film festivals across the world.
You will be taught by a team of experienced teachers with a wealth of knowledge and industry experience.
All staff have, or are working towards higher level Master’s qualifications or are developing higher level industry experience.
• Full level 3 qualification
• We strongly recommend that all applicants have GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades A*-C or level 9-4.
• If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.
Applicants are asked to provide the following to demonstrate their potential in this subject area:
• Portfolio of latest work (within last 2 years) with a 2–3-minute supplementary video talking us through your portfolio
• A personal Statement
• If you do not have a portfolio, create a 2-minute documentary video on “where you live” with a 2-3-minute supplementary video talking us through the execution of your idea
Applicants who do not meet the standard entry criteria but have previous learning towards a degree-level qualification or relevant industry or life experience will be considered on an individual basis and may be invited to interview.
Year 1: Application of Film Production and Content Skills (40 credits)
Year 1: Introduction to Film Production and Content Creation roles (40 credits)
Year 1: Scriptwriting for Fiction & Factual - Lessons from the Masters (20 credits)
Year 1: Seeing Movies (Contextual Practice) (20 credits)
All essential high end equipment for this course is provided. In addition there is a wide range of mid level equipment which is readily available for loan.
Students should have a good quality phone camera. Access to a laptop and DSLR with movie capability would be an advantage.